GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and replaces the previous Data Protection Directives that were in place. GDPR states that personal data should be ‘processed fairly & lawfully’ and ‘collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes’ and that individuals data is not processed without their knowledge and are only processed with their ‘explicit’ consent. GDPR covers personal data relating to individuals.
The Data Protection Act gives individuals the right to know what information is held about them. It provides a framework to ensure that personal information is handled properly.
The Shrewsbury Furniture Scheme no longer issues membership cards with all your contact details - name, address, telephone number. We have prepared and are issuing a new credit card size plastic membership card. If you do not have your new membership card please come into the warehouse.
If you do not wish to become a member, or do not qualify for membership, then the charity operates the shop in Castle Street that is open to all.
For membership identification purposes we need your personal information such as name, address, telephone number. We also use personal information for delivery purposes when you purchase from the warehouse. We, as a charity, have decided as a matter of policy to ask you for your positive consent to keep your membership details on our personal computer hard drive in a database/spreadsheet format. This also gives us the opportunity to explain:
1) Only personal data will be held for members.
Personal data is defined as any piece of personal information that can be used to identify an individual, either directly or indirectly. This includes information such as an individual’s:
• Telephone Number
• Date of birth...............to identify those members under 25 years of age.
• Location data..............Address, including Ward for organising delivery of purchases.
2) No other data about the member will be collected and the personal information we hold is private and not transmitted to, or shared with any other person. You are welcome to come into the warehouse to check the details we hold about you - especially if you have recently changed your address or telephone number.
3) We only receive your personal details by your personal visit to the warehouse where we will put our information directly into our database.
Membership cards will only carry their membership number. Personal data will be held privately on a pc and on the back-up client sheets.
As required by GDP Regulations 2018, all members are required to sign their membership card to confirm their positive consent to their membership (personal) data being held on the SFS pc (computer) here.